Our new category in our Africa’s Photographer of the Year Competition is in full swing and focusing on the old favourites – the Big 5. It’s the little ones, however, that are catching our eye. The tiny features, the comically big eyes and playful demeanors just turn us into mush. So we thought it would be a shame if we didn’t share with you this collection of adorableness. For your viewing pleasure,
1. David Brims, United Kingdom – Walk this way.
2. Ulrich, Eberl, Feldkirchen, Germany – Young leopard caressing its mum, Sabi Sand Game Reserve.
3. Neil Bradfield, South Africa – ‘Child Support’ – near Satara camp.
4. Hanspeter Lang, Switzerland – Addo Elephant National Park, Oct.2016 Elephant family seen during a game drive.
5. Liam Donnelly, United Kingdom – Protector.
6. Anthony Goldman, USA – Safe in the den.
7. Simon Smith, ica, I loved the contrast – not only in size – but in colour between the larger elephants and this very young calf.
8. Phill Judd, United Kingdom – I am Brave! Tswalu Game Lodge, Kalahari.
9. Nadja Zoe Landert, RSA – Elephant mother helping her calf up a slope. Captured in Kruger National Park.
10. Daniel Finchham, RSA – Dawn of a new era