As one of the world's best beach holiday destinations, there are plenty of luxury hotels in Mauritius to choose from. It promises the quintessential tropical island lifestyle with an endless coastline of beautiful, warm, clear water, soft white sand, and gently rustling palms. So, to help you narrow down the bewildering number of options, we've hand-picked a range of luxury resorts to suit every travel style. From family fun to romantic bliss, from wellness, nature, fine dining and sports to adventurous thrills, there's something for everyone in our list of best luxury hotels in Mauritius.
1. One&Only Le Saint Géran
With a handful of properties occupying the globe's most alluring destinations, One&Only is a class leader in the luxury lifestyle space. The One&Only Le Saint Géran is not only one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius but also one of the best in the whole Indian Ocean. And that's quite a bold statement!
Le Saint Géran lines the shoreline of a private peninsula on the Belle Mare coast. Here, you can expect nothing but spectacular – from sunrise yoga to theatrical cuisine and an endless menu of activities, the island is yours to explore.
- Occupying a private peninsula with its own sheltered lagoon and tropical beach
- Haute cuisine at a variety of restaurants with Michelin-starred and award-winning chefs
- Wellness centre including a spa, gym, yoga and a private swimming pool
- Elegant, luxurious rooms, suites and villas with lagoon or ocean views
Who’s it for?
Honeymooners, couples and solo travellers get their adults-only wing while dedicated children's and teen's clubs make sense of the family suites. One&Only Le Saint Géran promises romance, rejuvenation and family fun.
2. JW Marriott Mauritius Resort
Beneath the towering monolith of Le Morne Brabant Mountain, with the Indian Ocean lapping at your feet, stands another Mauritian landmark, namely the JW Marriott Mauritius Resort (formerly The St. Regis Mauritius Resort). Retaining its signature butler service, enormous rooms, premium amenities, world-class restaurants and stunning setting, this is one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius.
This resort is especially welcoming for families with children of all ages. JW Marriott is also a decadently romantic and excitingly adventurous resort hotel. The spa, activities, attractions and attentive service offer a finely-tuned mix of excitement, adventure, relaxation and restoration.
- Five restaurants, including French-Mauritian, Indian, Japanese, contemporary seafood, grills and a floating Asian bazaar
- Magnificent location beneath Le Morne Brabant Mountain and right on the beach
- Pure spa and 24/7 gym, private cinema, enormous swimming pool, stargazing
- Endless activities including watersports, kids and teens clubs, sports and island adventures
Who’s it for?
JW Marriott Mauritius Resort embraces every conceivable traveller and travel style. Thrill-seeking families, doe-eyed honeymooners and meditative solo travellers will all find their time and space in generous and ultra-luxurious proportions.
3. The Oberoi Mauritius
Thatched suites, pavilions and villas of all sizes meander through eight hectares of tropical garden a stone's throw from an endless tropical beach. Therefore, for its magnificent setting alone, The Oberoi Mauritius is one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius.
Creative dining venues and menus set the scene for an indulgent beach holiday, the extensive spa and wellness centre enhance that scene, and the luxurious bedrooms seal the deal. Furthermore, your private beach is a marine national park, and the grounds themselves are a veritable tropical forest of birds, butterflies and pretty flowers.
- Five different dining venues, each with unique, creative and exciting menus
- Variety of room types for every occasion, all with premium amenities and features
- Glorious setting on the beachfront of a protected marine park and eight hectares of tropical gardens
- Kids' club, aqua adventure centre, spa, private beach dinners and nature walks
Who’s it for?
The Oberoi Mauritius is as much about romance and relaxation as it is about family fun and adventure. Combine it all, or choose your own style. This luxury resort features an incredible array of experiences for all ages.
4. LUX* Belle Mare
The décor throughout Belle Mare is beach-house white with touches of Mauritian colour matching the azure sea and pure white sand only metres from your doorstep. The LUX* Belle Mare is a sprawling resort on the eponymous coastline of Mauritius. With the dramatic Le Morne massif rising behind you and the pristine waters of the Indian Ocean stretching to infinity in front, the setting is a theatrical ode to barefoot luxury. And what an ode!
Contemporary sophistication meets elegant luxury in an effortless and bewildering array of restaurants, bars, cafés, swimming pools, gardens, tennis courts and a wellness programme so extensive it alone is worthy of the long-haul flight to get here. And that's before you've even dipped a toe in the water.
- A light, bright, and breezy beach hotel resort
- Organic farm, coffee roasters, ice cream parlour, G&T club, aquatic centre, tennis courts, spa
- Reimagined Kids' Club and a separate grown-ups only section
- Beautiful location on the east coast for the best sunrise views
Who’s it for?
Like many of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius, The Belle Mare offers something for everyone (and a lot more besides). So, this resort is perfect for families, romantic couples, solo soul travellers, foodies, luxury wellness seekers, adventurers, explorers and, of course, water- and land-based sports.
5. Paradis Beachcomber
By now, you'll notice a blueprint for the best luxury hotels in Mauritius, consisting of contemporary elegance, fine dining, sensational views, maximum privacy, family fun and an incredible range of activities. And Paradis Beachcomber checks all the boxes with consummate ease.
At the tip of Le Morne peninsula, flanked by a lagoon and the ocean and watched over by a mountain of the same name, this is luxury and family fun rolled into one seriously scenic beach resort. With an understated Mauritian style, the resort features a host of restaurants, bars, activities, and many days' worth of ocean fun.
- Championship golf course, kids club, water and land activities and destination spa
- Your choice of romantic seclusion or family-friendly beach holidays
- Four fantastic restaurants plus four more at sister hotel Dinarobin
- Beautiful setting beneath Le Morne mountain and between the ocean and the island’s largest lagoon
Who’s it for?
Paradis covers all bases and is ideal for families, couples, solos and sporting or outdoor adventurers.
6. Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa
Elegant, understated, sophisticated and sublime, the Maradiva Villas Resort & Spa is an all-villa, ultra-luxury resort on the west coast of Mauritius. It's small by resort standards, with just 65 villas, each with a personal butler, private plunge pool and exquisitely designed.
Such intimacy and exclusivity make the Maradiva hands-down one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius for romantic indulgence. Each of the four restaurants rivals the best city eateries out there. All deeply romantic and exciting, you have a choice of Mediterranean-inspired, Indian, Japanese and classic beach cafés. Dine in your villa, on the beach or jetty… wherever the mood takes you.
- All-villa luxury resort with private plunge pools and butler service
- Discreet luxury and rejuvenating seclusion at the destination spa
- Romance and fine dining baked in with round-the-world dining options and a variety of venues
- An endless array of activities on land, water and on-site
Who’s it for?
With its all-villa exclusivity and sophisticated elegance, the Maradiva is pure romance and rejuvenation. Therefore, it’s ideal for couples and solo travellers wanting exclusivity, luxury, wellness and lots to do in between.
7. Trou aux Biches
Even just for its setting along a two-kilometre stretch of sheltered beach on the north-western coast, Trou aux Biches is easily one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius. Furthermore, six restaurants, lake-sized swimming pools and 35 hectares of tropical gardens do their best to complement the glorious Indian Ocean on your doorstep.
The spa, kids club, teens club, golf course access, land and water sports and private lagoon add up to a fun-filled holiday. But it's not only about families and kids. There's plenty of tranquil seclusion dripping with romance for honeymooners, couples and solo travellers to enjoy the pristine beauty of this tropical island paradise.
- Six restaurants, spa, babysitting, kids' club, teens' club, swimming pools everywhere
- Elegant, contemporary resort with two kilometres of beach and a lagoon to explore
- Sheltered beach location on the north-west tip of the island
- Beachfront suites and villas have private pools and maximum luxury
Who’s it for?
From total privacy to all-out family fun, Trou aux Biches embraces all comers without breaking stride.
8. Constance Belle Mare Plage
With a string of properties dotted among the Indian Ocean islands, the Mauritius-based Constance brand is an accomplished high-end luxury resort operator. The Belle Mare Plage, on a two-kilometre stretch of beach along the east coast of Mauritius, is a testament to their credo of authentic experiences and luxury without the ostentation.
With a generous menu of included land and water activities, a destination spa, seven restaurants, a kids' club with a private pool and, of course, that endless beach, it's no wonder Belle Mare Plage ranks among the best luxury hotels in Mauritius.
- Glorious setting with two kilometres of private beachfront, a private lagoon and enormous private tropical gardens
- Seven restaurants and six bars, including a 15,000-bottle wine cellar
- Kids' club and inclusive land and watersports options
- Experience-based specials including wellness, honeymoons, anniversaries, golf and watersports
Who’s it for?
Constance Belle Mare Plage is an all-welcoming resort with enough space, activities, and sanctitude for everyone, from families and groups to romantic escapes and solo luxury.
9. Canonnier Beachcomber
Canonnier Beachcomber occupies a peninsula jutting into the Indian Ocean on the northern tip of Mauritius. This is one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius for a delightful family beach holiday. And the kind of place you go to spoil your family and yourself.
You can choose from a variety of restaurants, spa treatments, swimming pools, land and water-based activities, garden or beach. Meanwhile, the teens' club, kids' club and professional toddler care ensure everyone has the time of their lives. In luxury and on a tropical island – now that's fun!
- Family-oriented luxury resort with an incredible view from its elevated position
- Four different restaurants and two more at the neighbouring sister property, Mauricia Beachcomber
- Tree-house spa and wellness village for relaxing moments
- An incredible array of facilities and activities for young and old
Who’s it for?
This luxury hotel in Mauritius is designed for families and adventurous, active holidaymakers. The luxury is there, but it's not the ultimate feature. Instead, the sun, sea, sand and island lifestyle take centre stage.
10. Victoria Beachcomber
Another fantastic family resort from the Mauritian-based Beachcomber group, the Victoria also caters for couples with separate adults-only areas and options. The resort is halfway between bustling Port Louis and Grand Baie along a stretch of pristine Indian Ocean beachfront.
This is one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius, with various room types, including family apartments and unique swim-up rooms. You'll run out of time before you run out of things to do here. The fun never stops here, from spa days to golf and beach days to island exploration. And when the sun sets, you're spoilt for choice of restaurants and bars.
- Family-friendly resort with clubs to keep kids, tweens and teens entertained
- River-like swimming pool right up to your room
- Five restaurants, including two adult-only options and seven bars
- Full range of resort activities on land and water
Who’s it for?
While providing for families, the Victoria Beachcomber also caters for romantic couples and quiet beachside rejuvenation retreats with adults-only restaurants, rooms and spa treatments.
Ready to Book Your Luxury Mauritius Island Holiday?
What better way to enjoy an island paradise holiday than by staying at one of the best luxury hotels in Mauritius? From family fun to romantic elegance, there's a lot of everything for everyone.
Talk to one of our Travel Experts, and let's start planning your perfect beach break now.
Featured Image: JW Marriott Mauritius Resort
Plan your African Safari todayLet's explore Africa
Opens our enquiry form
Based on 3000+ reviews