Over the years, we at Rhino Africa have planned several romantic and exotic honeymoons in Africa for couples from around the world. But we don’t just do honeymoons. No siree. We have expert wedding planners too!
Take a look at the South African weddings section of our website for more information and inspiration. There is little more inspiring than Khalil Gibran’s writings on Marriage…
Then Almitra spoke again and said, ‘And what of Marriage, master?’
And he answered saying:
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
We specialise in weddings in Southern Africa but really Africa is your oyster. As the Afrikaans say ‘”‘n boer maak ‘n plan” (a man makes a plan, or in this case, probably a woman). If you’ve been to South Africa you’ll know how beautiful and unique the landscapes are – there’s everything you could hope for: beaches, oceans, rivers, mountains, vineyards, cities and countryside. And you can do just about anything too – helicopter rides, catamaran cruises, cable car rides, vintage car drives and horse riding.
Combine these with your special wedding day and you are bound to have an occasion to remember forever.
Our Wedding Division is headed up by Kirsty Marmarellis – wedding planner extraordinaire. Kirsty has many years of experience in arranging weddings in Africa under her garter. She has so far assisted with the planning of almost 1000 weddings including the stunning celebrity nuptials of Countess Victoria Spencer in Cape Town in 2005.
“I am a romantic at heart. There can be no greater job satisfaction than combining my love of planning a romantic occasion with my passion for African travel. Planning an itinerary is such a pleasure when I know that each couple ends up falling in love with this country. My responsibilities have included travel reservations, consulting, sales, marketing and function coordinating. I have planned functions varying in size from 10 to 1000 people.”
– Kirsty Marmarellis
We can organise everything – from the cake to the photographer to the photographer who jumps out of the cake. Your special day is safe in our hands! We offer bespoke wedding and travel planning for couples who live overseas. We choose locations with extreme care, using our extensive travel knowledge, so you can relax and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon without stress. Each wedding is tailored to your requirements, style and budget. Whether the ceremony is private or there are hundreds of guests, we give all clients the same personal service and unrivaled attention to detail.
- Winelands – Definitely my favourite choice, the world famous Cape Winelands offer a selection of fantastic hotels and guesthouses. Many estates are steeped in heritage, offering gabled Cape Dutch farmsteads with stunning vineyards. We often recommend La Residence in the Franschhoek valley.
- Beach Ceremony – Cape Town, in particular, has several great beaches, many up there with the best in the world. For your wedding day, the beach will be dressed up as you like – select your own floral arch, flower choice and any hired equipment, such as chairs, umbrellas and more.
- Cape Point – Say your vows in a private setting in Cape Point, with its beautiful scenery, surrounded by the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and a few inquisitive penguins.
- Forest or Garden Wedding – The Western Cape has many stunning forest and garden settings that create a magical atmosphere – not least of which is the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens.
- Luxury Yachts – Cape Town offers a vast array of luxury yachts catering for up to 60 guests. Many smaller yachts allow for an overnight experience.
- Safari Lodge – South Africa boasts a huge selection of fantastic game lodges. Spectacular settings and an opportunity to enjoy a safari experience with your family and friends.
- Mountain Ceremonies – If you like Mountains, we’ve got Mountains. Table Mountain offers a unique setting, with breathtaking views over the city and coast, but there are many other spectacular ranges in South Africa such as the Drakensberg.
- Sea Views – Tintswalo Atlantic lodge is the ideal venue for an intimate celebration, at the base of Champman’s Peak near Hout Bay. The Twelve Apostles Hotel is another great option, with views of the Atlantic Ocean.
Visit the Honeymoon Travel section on our website for more information about where to go in Africa after the big day… At Rhino Africa we’ll help tailor-make the perfect wedding and/or honeymoon suited to your needs, interests and budget.
Contact one of our expert travel and wedding planners now to chat about the options available and to start planning your big day!