Ready for an adventure in Zimbabwe? Buckle up, buttercup – you're in for a thrill of a ride replete with culture, nature, and wildlife galore! With so much to explore, you never know what surprises await you. But don't worry, we've got your back. Here are a few nuggets of info to keep in mind before travelling to Zimbabwe.
1. When is the Best Time to Visit Zimbabwe?
Ah, Zimbabwe. The land of the incredible Victoria Falls, the largest sheet of falling water in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. If you're looking to witness this marvel in all its glory, then plan your visit between April and June, when the Falls are in full flow.
But wait, there's more! For the ultimate game-viewing experience when travelling to Zimbabwe, the dry winter season from May to October is the way to go. The weather is mild, and there's a lower risk of malaria.
Now, if you're seeking the thrill of white-water rafting on the mighty Zambezi River, then listen up! The best time to take the plunge is from August to December when the river water levels are lower.
2. What is Zimbabwe Famous for?
What's the deal with Zimbabwe, you ask? Well, besides being chock-full of fascinating history, vibrant culture, wildlife and breathtaking scenery, this place has got some seriously brag-worthy UNESCO World Heritage sites up its sleeve!
We're talking a full three cultural gems, namely the Khami Ruins, Great Zimbabwe National Monument, and Matobo Hills. Not to mention the two incredible natural wonders that are Victoria Falls and Mana Pools – one being one of largest waterfalls in the world and the other a notable national park that's home to an abundance of wildlife.
3. Is Zimbabwe a Good Option for a Safari?
Oh my stars, Zimbabwe is an absolute hoot for a safari! It's got all the bells and whistles of a top-notch Big 5 safari like the Greater Kruger National Park, but with fewer tourists, making it feel more legit and untamed.
You'll want to check out the likes of Hwange National Park (home to tons of elephants and big cats, not to mention wild dogs and cheetahs), Mana Pools National Park (where the elephants stand tall and the Zambezi River flows, and it's perfect for walking safaris), and let's not forget the super secret, totally out-there Gonarezhou National Park (the ultimate hidden gem, complete with the world-famous Chilojo Cliffs).
4. What is So Special About Victoria Falls?
Oh boy, hold onto your hats, folks! Victoria Falls takes the cake as the biggest sheet of cascading water in the world. Its geological and geomorphological features are out of this world, and the active land formation processes are enough to make even the most boring rocks get up and dance.
And get this – Zimbabwe claims 75% of this beast, with the other 25% belonging to Zambia. It's like the ultimate sibling rivalry, but with more spray and less bickering.
And that's not all! If you're travelling to Zimbabwe and are a thrill-seeker or wildlife enthusiast, Victoria Falls is the perfect destination for you. It's a prime safari spot, and there are plenty of heart-pumping activities like bungee jumping and white-water rafting to get your adrenaline pumping. So, grab your safari hat and get ready to soak up all the awesomeness that is Victoria Falls!
5. Do I Need a Visa to Travel to Zimbabwe?
To make your trip smoother than silk, it's highly recommended that you snag an eVisa before you even touch down. This nifty trick helps cut down those pesky lines and shaves off some airport wait time. Your adventure awaits, so don't let bureaucracy cramp your style!
Are You Ready to Travel to Zimbabwe?
Well, there you have it, folks! The inside scoop on all things Zimbabwe. With its stunning natural wonders, rich cultural heritage, and incredible wildlife, Zimbabwe is truly a traveller's paradise. So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our Travel Experts, and let's start planning an adventure like no other.
Plan your African Safari todayLet's explore Africa
Opens our enquiry form
Based on 3000+ reviews